Established in 2000, we’re amongst the leading tilers in Dublin. Consistency and quality are at the core of everything we do, enabling us to become amongst the most reputable tiling companies in Dublin.
With years of tiling experience, our vibrant team have fulfilled essentially every tiling request possible, building long lasting relationships with a host of suppliers & customers and crafting a service unlike any tiling business in Dublin. From minor works to large-scale jobs, we position client satisfaction and efficiency above all else, guaranteeing we provide on-time, in spending plan and to a high standard.
The Troubles of Laying Tile
Ceramic and porcelain tile setups are typically shown as easy on reality TELEVISION remodel shows and in redesigning manuals. This is one that certainly falls into the classification of house redesigning projects that look simpler than they are.
Laying tile is simple but laying tile and doing it well is difficult. From that angle, it might make more sense to work with an expert tiler than to do it yourself.
One method to approach it is to hire the pro for the most noticeable areas if you’re trying to save money. You can do your own tilework in spaces that are less frequented.
One issue for do-it-yourselfers is that it is challenging to reverse tilework, ought to you make a mistake. Thinset mortar allows for some repositioning. Thinset will likewise reposition your tile for you, especially in the case of vertical wall tile.
Some tilework is easier to pull off on an amateur basis, too. This guide aims to reveal you what’s harder, what’s simpler, and some tricks for making the job go smoother.
Jobs that tend to be much easier and the styles that focus on them:
- Dry areas: Locations where leak may take place are more difficult, entailing unique backing product and grout-sealing. Showers, especially, can be maddening for the amateur tiler to make entirely waterproof.
- Floorings vs. walls: Slippage is one thing you are always combating with tilework on walls.
- Backsplashes that are more ornamental than functional.Tile in the 4″ to 12″ range: Smaller tiles, especially mosaics, shift around a lot– even if that mosaic is connected to fit together.
- Using adhesive tile mats (though this has extremely minimal uses).
- Ceramic and porcelain tile vs. stone tile: Stone tile is heavy to deal with and challenging to cut.
One idea is to start your amateur tiling profession with the most out of the way location possible in order to hone up your abilities.
- Dry thinset mortar is cheap, however it is likewise tough to blend. The service is to purchase pre-mixed mortar. While substantially more costly, pre-mixed thinset conserves you from the stress of getting water-to-thinset measurements appropriate. Plus, mixing up dry thinset is physically tough.
- If you do not have a good subfloor, your tile will not lie flat. Even worse, a base flooring that is not strong enough will ultimately trigger the tile to fracture.
- Border tiles will require to be cut. You can use either a wet tile saw or what is often informally called a snap tile cutter for this. More likely, you will wish to use both kinds of tile-cutting tools. If you happen to have any bad cuts, you can position them so that the rough cut falls under a baseboard or under a cabinet toe kick overhang.
- Even tiles within the perimeter can be tough. They do not immediately fall under straight lines: you require to impose this.
- Laying tiles on a diagonal. Diagonal tile cutting can be a discouraging experience for the newbie tiler.
- Spacing tiles correctly is difficult. Make certain to use plastic tile spacers to impose the appropriate distance. While spacers are a pain to eliminate, they guarantee ideal spacing of tile seams.
- Constantly being on your knees on a hard surface area can affect the quality of your work. For this reason alone it is worth acquiring an affordable set of tiler’s knee pads.
Thinset will likewise rearrange your tile for you, especially in the case of vertical wall tile.
Even worse, a base floor that is not solid enough will ultimately cause the tile to crack.
Border tiles will require to be cut. You can utilize either a wet tile saw or what is often colloquially called a snap tile cutter for this. Be sure to use plastic tile spacers to impose the proper distance.
Modern Tiling Videos
Learn More About Tiling
Modern Tiling Services
Around the Web